Instagram is taking big strides to ensure its business community is happy. More so, Instagram is making it even easier for business accounts to monetize their following. In addition, it has brought in more ad revenue for the platform. In fact, with the recent release of Instagram Story Product Tags, Business Account owners will be able to link physical products in their Instagram Stories. So, we shall be going over all the details of the recent update on how to tag products on Instagram Stories.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Approved for Instagram Shopping?
- So, How Can People Shop on My Instagram?
- How to Tag Products in Instagram Stories?
- See How to Tag Products in Instagram Feed
- How to maximize sales easily on shoppable Instagram feed?
- Current Rules and Regulations of Instagram Shopping and Product Tagging
How to Get Approved for Instagram Shopping?
In the same fashion that Instagram Story Links, Audience Analytics, & Product Linking were only released to Instagram Business accounts that met certain criteria. The same is true for shoppable Instagram stories. However, to access the new feature, you must first be approved by Instagram.
To become approved for shopping on Instagram, your business and account setup must fulfill the following requirements:
Instagram account must be converted into a business profile
The business profile must be connected to a Facebook catalog. Also, this can be created and managed on Business Manager, through Shopify or BigCommerce platforms, or directly on your business’s Page on Facebook.
After fulfilling the necessary requirements, Instagram will take some time to review your account. It typically takes Instagram a couple of days to review and approve your account. In some cases, Instagram may take several days for a more detailed review of your account. Therefore, when your account does become approved, you will be able to turn on product tagging in settings.
How Can People Shop on My Instagram?
Now that you have been approved for product tagging on Instagram, you can now start to make your feed & stories shoppable! Shopping on Instagram gives your business an interactive & engaging storefront. Besides, it allows potential & returning customers to be able to see your products in action. Also, no longer will Instagrammers have to navigate off Instagram to dig through enormous merchandise websites to find the products they love. Furthermore, they will be able to interact, engage & shop all their favorite brands from the comfort of Instagram.
Things being what they are, how would you know whether your business will get endorsed to take the jump of Insta-shop? The criteria:
Ensure you have the most recent form of the Instagram application.
- Convert your Instagram account into a business profile.
- Be an administrator on a Page or Business Manager account.
- You should have a product catalog associated with a shop on Facebook.
- Also, you should sell eligible physical goods, which means no administrations.
Useful tidbits from Instagram, “We’re enabling organizations to make and label a post with items legitimately from their iOS cell phone. As a result, when a business has an item index associated with their record, labeling an item is as basic as labeling an individual in a post.”
Creating a product catalog on your Facebook Business Page will enable product tagging for your Instagram account. Therefore, if you are using services such as Shopify, use the catalog plug-in that integrates into your Facebook do not set up manually. For those that do not use Shopify and other e-commerce services. Simply add a Shop section to your Business Facebook Page and link the appropriate products from your website.
How to Tag Products in Instagram Stories?
After you’ve been affirmed and vied for set-up in Shopping in Settings, you can begin labeling items in your posts and stories.
Before you start, you should be affirmed for shopping on Instagram. In addition, you must meet the requirements to add item stickers to your accounts.
Here’s how to include item stickers in your accounts:
- First, select a photograph or video to transfer to your story.
- Then, select the item sticker from the sticker plate.
- Now, select the item from your inventory that you need to highlight.
- Move the item sticker to where you might want it to show up in your story. Note: If you might want to alter your item name, you’ll change it in your item list before including the sticker. The content shade of the item sticker can be changed by tapping the sticker.
- Offer your story
For stories, 1 item sticker can be included per story. You can go through the sticker with swipe, features, and recordings.
It’s really that easy. This new feature is going to be extremely powerful for those that create captivating IG Stories. More so, this will allow creators to give life to their products. Giving customers a true understanding of your product and all of its glory.
How to Tag Products in Instagram Feed?
By now, you must have already set up your Instagram business account. To tag products on Instagram, you will have to create your shoppable Instagram feed. You will find below how to tag products in your Instagram feed.
- Select a photo just the way you normally upload a picture. Add a caption, effect, and filter of your choice if you have not edited it. Then, you can tap anywhere on the photo where you would like the product to appear.
- Tap “Tag Product.” You can tag up to 5 products in a single-image post or as many as 20 products in multi-image posts.
- Next, click the search box and enter the product name you wish to tag. Then select them as they appear. Note that the products will appear from your Facebook business manager catalog.
- Tap “Done” Once you are done selecting the right product s.
- Then, tap “share’ to complete your shoppable Instagram process.
How to maximize sales easily on shoppable Instagram feed?
Now that all is set with your Instagram business account, you should maximize your sales. After all, the effort was all for a purpose. Below are ways to maximize sales easily on shoppable Instagram feed.
1. Win over potential customers
Using warm strategies in winning over potential customers will make them loyal to your brand. Therefore, it is important to learn how to make your audiences feel special. Those who follow you, like, and engage your post are easy to win over. In fact, direct most of your advert and campaigns to them because they are most likely to patronize the brand.
2. Give adequate attention to your Instagram stories
The majority of Instagram users enjoy viewing stories. They like it, and there is a high probability that they will see your story before your feed. Consequently. this is why it is important to engage your audience with fascinating posts via your story.
3. Upload Shopping video
Video content possesses a kind of strength that picture does not have. Video content has the power to lock in the mind of its viewer. There is no better way than a video to show your audience how cool the product looks in real life. Moreover, it makes them experience and appreciates the products better.
Current Rules and Regulations of Instagram Shopping and Product Tagging
Having a smooth shopping experience on Instagram as a business brand requires abiding by the rules binding Instagram shopping. Therefore, Instagram shopping has some commerce eligibility requirements that you must follow these are:
1. Comply with Instagram and Facebook policies
- You have to ensure that your Facebook page and account conform with Facebook’s Terms of service, Commerce Terms, and community Standard.
- You have to comply with the Seller Agreement, Ads Policies and Pages, Groups, and Event Policies.
2. Represent your Business and your Domain
- Ensure that your Facebook Page and Instagram business account contains products that are readily available for direct purchase from your website.
- You must use a domain associated with your website must represent your Facebook Page and Instagram business account. In addition, you must be able to verify the domain upon request.
3. Be located in a supported market
- Your location should be within Facebook supported market and Instagram supported market to be eligible to use Facebook Commerce Surfaces.
4. Demonstrate trustworthiness
- You must pass the verification processes by providing a true identity for your store and profile.
5.Provide accurate information and follow best practices
- You must provide authentic information about the products you list on Facebook Commerce Surfaces. They must not contain false information regarding price and availability.
- Your refund policy must be transparent and easily accessible from your website and business pages.
Failure to comply with the policies listed above will lead ban or suspension. Finally, this means that you will be unable to access your Facebook Commerce surfaces and Instagram business account.