Instagram Stories is one of the most popular features on the platform. It allows users to share short videos and images that disappear after 24 hours. This feature is not only a great way to keep up with friends and family, but it’s also a powerful marketing tool for businesses. Unfortunately, some users have experienced issues with Instagram Stories not working. In this post, we will go over common reasons for this issue and the steps to fix it.
There are several common reasons for Instagram Stories not working or Instagram stories not showing up on the feed, such as a slow internet connection, outdated app version, insufficient device storage, and server issues.
To avoid these issues, it’s important to regularly check for app updates and make sure your device has enough storage space. In case of server issues, there is not much you can do except wait for the problem to be resolved by Instagram’s team. In some cases, you may need to reinstall Instagram
Awareness of these common issues can help you take proactive steps to ensure a seamless experience with Instagram Stories.
Common Reasons for Instagram Stories Not Working Issues.
1. Slow Internet Connection:
One of the common reasons why Instagram Stories might not work is due to a poor internet connection. To ensure a seamless experience, Instagram requires a stable and fast internet connection for uploading and viewing story on instagram. If your internet connection is slow, you may experience difficulty uploading or viewing Stories, resulting in a poor user experience.
To avoid this issue, ensure you are connected to a stable network and check the speed of your connection. If the speed is slow, try connecting to a different network, such as a Wi-Fi network, or restarting your device.
If you continue to experience issues with a slow internet connection, you may need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance.
2. Outdated App Version:
Another common reason Instagram Stories might not work is an outdated version of the app. Over time, app updates may contain bug fixes and performance improvements crucial to a seamless user experience. Outdated app versions may contain bugs and security vulnerabilities that can cause issues with Stories, such as slow upload times, error messages, or even crashes.
Regularly checking for app updates in the app store for Apple. Android users can go to the google play store on their android device and installing any available updates is one way to avoid this kind of problem.
Updating your app will ensure that you have the latest version of the app with all the latest bug fixes and performance improvements.
3. Insufficient Device Storage:
If your device is low on storage, it can affect the performance of the Instagram app and cause Stories not to work. The app may run slow or be unable to load Stories due to insufficient storage space.
This issue can be avoided by simply freeing up some space on your device. One way to free your device storage is by deleting unwanted files and apps.
You can also clear the cache and data for the Instagram app to free up some space.
Here are the steps to clear the cache and data for the Instagram app:
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Select “Apps” or “Application Manager.”
- Find the Instagram app and tap on it.
- Select “Storage.”
- Tap on “Clear Cache.”
- If you want to clear data, tap on “Clear Data” or “Clear Storage.”
Note: Clearing cache and data will not delete any of your account information or Stories, but it will delete temporary files and data stored by the app.
4. Server Issues:
Sometimes, Instagram Stories may not work due to server issues on the platform’s end. This can happen for various reasons, such as scheduled maintenance, high traffic, or technical difficulties. In this case, there’s not much you can do except wait for the issue to be resolved by Instagram’s team.
You can also try restarting the app or your device and checking back later to see if the issue has been resolved.
Steps to Fix the Issue of Instagram Stories Not Working
Here are the top 4 Ways to Fix Instagram Not Loading Stories:
1. Check Internet Connection:
The first step in fixing the issue of Instagram Stories not working is to check your internet connection. Connect to a stable network and check the speed of the connection. If the speed is slow, try connecting to a different network or simply restart your phone.
2. Update the App:
If your Instagram app is outdated, this may cause the issue. Check for app updates in the app store and install any available updates.
3. Clear Cache and Data:
Clearing the cache and data for the Instagram app can help resolve any performance issues. To clear the cache, go to your device’s app settings, find the Instagram app, and select the “Clear Cache” option.
4. Contact Instagram Support:
After trying all the suggestions above, you should contact Ig and report the problem to Instagram Support if the issue persists. You can do this through the app or website and wait for a response from Instagram Support.
Other ways to fix Instagram Stories Not Working
Here are some quick fixes to Instagram Stories Not Working:
- Restart the App: Sometimes, simply restarting the Instagram app can resolve any issues with Stories. Simply close the app and reopen it to see if the issue has been resolved.
- Turn Off Your Phone’s Data Saver Mode: Some smartphones have a data saver mode that can limit the amount of data used by the device, which can affect the performance of the Instagram app and cause Stories to not work. To resolve this issue, turn off your phone’s data saver mode and see if the problem has been resolved.
- Disable Instagram Data Saver Mode: Similar to your phone’s data saver mode, Instagram also has a data saver mode that can limit the amount of data the app uses. To disable this mode, go to your Instagram account settings, select the “Data Saver” option, and turn it off.
- Log Out and Log Back In: Sometimes, logging out of your Instagram account and logging back in can resolve any issues with Stories. To do this, go to your Instagram account settings, select “Log Out,” and then log back in using your credentials.
Instagram Stories not working can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to resolve the issue. Common reasons for this issue include slow internet connection, outdated app version, insufficient device storage, and server issues.
To fix the issue, check your internet connection, update the app, clear cache and data, and contact Instagram Support if necessary.
This post will help resolve any issues you may have with Instagram Stories. If you have any other tips or experiences to share, feel free to leave a comment below.
Enjoy this Article? You May Also Like:
- Instagram Subscriptions Feature: How to Get Paying Subscribers on Instagram profiles of writers and authors
- How to Use the Instagram Collab Feature to Earn More from the Reels Play Bonus Program?
- Instagram Creator Portfolio: The New Way to Make Your Brand Stand Out in Instagram Creator Marketplace
- How to schedule Instagram posts
- Ultimate Instagram Reels Bonus Guide