Last Updated: December 2021
Hey there. Are you among the users who have ever come across the Instagram error “sorry there was a problem with your request? Have you been looking for a way to fix the error?
If yes, then you just stumbled upon your solution.
In this article, we’ll show you why the Instagram error message appears and how to fix such login errors on Instagram.
The Instagram Login Error “sorry there was a problem with your request” occurs due to several reasons. Most commonly the cause of the error is: Weak internet connection or bad internet coverage, Problems with Instagram servers, Errors in your login data, Violation of Instagram’s terms and conditions, or simply an outdated version of Instagram. In order to fix the issues, follow the Top 9 Tips shared in this article.
Let’s begin with this note.
Even though Instagram is one of the most happening applications for today’s generation, it’s not error-free.
A lot of problems can arise on the app such as Shadowban or Action Blocks, and in this article, we will be talking about the “Instagram login error”.
Typically, the Instagram login error comes up anytime you try to log into your Instagram account on the mobile app whether android or ios. However, in most situations, users are able to log in via their web browser on Instagram.
We understand that this situation can be a little frustrating, you’ve entered your password correctly time and time again with still no luck. The problem might either be caused by your device or some technical fault in the Instagram backend.
Whatever may be the cause of the error, there’s always a solution, and gracefully, that’s what we’ll show you in this article.
So, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s hop in.
WHY DOES THE INSTAGRAM LOGIN ERROR OCCUR?
The Instagram login error “sorry there was a problem with your request” occurs due to several reasons.
Some of the most notable ones are:
- Weak internet connection or bad internet coverage
- Problems with Instagram servers
- Errors in your login data
- Violation of Instagram’s terms and conditions
Whatever the reason might be, we don’t want you to be scared whenever you experience an Instagram Login issue that prevents you from logging into Instagram.
Now that you have an idea of the possible cause of the Instagram login issue, we’ll show you how to get rid of any Instagram login issue on your phone and also access your Instagram account without any difficulty.
HOW TO FIX THE “SORRY THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR REQUEST” INSTAGRAM LOGIN ERROR?
METHOD 1: CHECK IF INSTAGRAM SERVERS ARE DOWN
Before trying any other technical method, it’s always good to check whether the Instagram server is functioning correctly.
How to go about this?
You can either ask your friends if there are finding it difficult to log into Instagram or use online tools like Down Detector.
Of course, if Instagram servers are down, then you might experience some issues anytime you try to log into Instagram.
In such cases, it’d be best to exercise some patience and see if the Instagram login issue will be resolved soon.
If the problem persists for days, then you can try out the other troubleshooting methods we’ll talk about.
METHOD 2: CHECKING OTHER DEVICES AND NETWORKS
If you’re still having trouble logging into Instagram, another key area to check is your personal device.
You can do this by logging into your account on the Instagram web version. In addition, if you have a spare device or a close trusted friend, try logging into your account on a separate mobile device to see if you can gain access.
If you’re able to get access to one of those separate devices then there might be a bigger underlying issue. Since Instagram’s most recent Explore Page Algorithm update, they have been cracking down on violators of their community guidelines. The one way that they reinforce these rules is by banning IP addresses.
Your mobile phone provider creates a unique IP address for your mobile phone. Thus, when you are off wifi and using your mobile service provider you’re unable to log into your Instagram account. It’s highly likely that Instagram banned your mobile phone’s IP if you have been a frequent offender of breaking the community rules on Instagram.
If you try other devices and networks and still can’t log in, then you can try the next method.
METHOD 3: LOG IN THROUGH YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Another way to fix the Instagram login error is by logging in to Instagram via your Facebook account.
This is one of the easiest ways to get rid of the error, and it’s centered around connecting your Facebook account with Instagram.
Here’s how to achieve this:
- Open Instagram on your phone browser
- Log in to your Instagram account via the browser
- Navigate to the accounts settings page and unlink any Facebook account associated with the Instagram account
- Go to Facebook and create a new account that’ll be used to connect to your Instagram account
- Afterward, log in to Instagram using another mobile phone
- Connect the new Facebook account to Instagram
- Clear the application data on your phone
- After clearing the Instagram data, open the Instagram app on your phone
- Login with Facebook on Instagram
Now, you can log in to your Instagram account without getting the sorry there was a problem with your request error message.
On the contrary, if this method doesn’t work for you, then you can try the next method.
METHOD 4: TEMPORARILY DISABLE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Temporarily disabling your Instagram account is another way to access your Instagram account.
Are you thinking about how to disable your Instagram account temporarily?
Don’t worry, here’s how to achieve this:
- Log in to your Instagram account from your PC
- Navigate to the “edit my profile” option that’s found under your profile
- Click on “temporarily disable” my account
- Provide the reasons for disabling the account (note that your Instagram account can only be disabled once in a week)
- Wait for six hours (please, don’t try to log in to Instagram at this point)
- Once the time is complete, you can then log in to your Instagram account
Viola! that’s an Instagram login error solved.
Peradventure, this method doesn’t work; you can try the next method.
METHOD 5: FIX THE INSTAGRAM LOGIN ERROR USING PARALLEL SPACE APPLICATION
If all the methods we mentioned above fail, you can try resolving the Instagram login error by creating a clone of Instagram using a parallel space application.
Here’s how to achieve that:
- Download the parallel space application from google store on your phone
- Afterward, open the app to create a clone of your Instagram account
- When you successfully create the cloned app, you’ll see it on the homepage
- Open the cloned app and enter your Instagram login details
- Now, you can access your account without any Instagram login error
METHOD 6: TRY TO CHANGE YOUR ANDROID ID AND IMEI NUMBER
If any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above didn’t work, then you can try this method (even though it’s particularly useful for those who have rooted their phone)
If your phone is rooted and you’re still experiencing the Instagram login error, then you can do the following:
- Uninstall the Instagram application from your phone
- Change the Android ID and IMEI number of your phone
- Reboot the phone
- Afterward, download the Instagram app from the play store and log into your account
- Now, you can access your account without any Instagram login error
METHOD 7: RESET YOUR PHONE
When it comes to fixing the Instagram login error, this is a straightforward and effective solution that has worked for many Instagram users.
Doing a factory reset on your phone will help you to get rid of many kinds of errors on your phone.
But then here’s what you need to take note of: before proceeding to restore your phone, it’s always useful to back up all important information or data from your phone to any safe place.
Afterward, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Right from the settings option on your phone, search for factory reset device
- Proceed to reset
- Wait till the reset is completed and successful
- Afterward, you can download the Instagram app from the Google play store to your phone
- Login to your account
- Now, you can ace ss your account without any Instagram login error
METHOD 8: RESET YOUR PHONE NUMBER
Another great way to solve the sorry there was a problem with your request Instagram login error is by resetting your phone number.
And here’s how to achieve that:
- Log in to your Instagram account from a PC or on any phone browser
- Navigate to the “edit profile” option and replace your existing phone number with a new one
- Afterward, open the Instagram app on your mobile phone
- Click on the “forgot password” link and select “send login link” through the phone number option
- Input the code sent to your mobile number then try to login to your Instagram account
METHOD 9: CONTACT INSTAGRAM HELP CENTER
If everything else fails, then your best bet to solving the Instagram login error is to get in touch with the help center on Instagram.
Here’s how to contact them:
- Open the authorization screen and search for the “login help” option
- Select the “username or email” option
- Enter the registered email address and choose the “send mail” option.
- Afterward, you’ll receive a mail that contains a link, and you’d be asked to access the link and open Instagram
- When you access Instagram via the link, you should be able to log in without any error
Note: if you do not get a quick reply from the help center after your first mail, it’s advisable to send the email a couple of times a week. That way, you’re increasing the chances of getting a response from them.
Here’s a recap of what we talked about in this article:
We talked about different factors that cause the Instagram login error. Afterward, we took a deep dive to talk about different ways to fix the sorry there was a problem with your request Instagram login error.
It’s worth noting that Instagram developers are continuously looking for better ways to provide you an error-free service.
But till then, we do hope that this article will help you to get rid of Instagram login issues or the sorry there was a problem with your request error.
What are your thoughts? Have you tried out any of the methods we talked about? If yes, did it work for you? Do you have other useful tricks? We’d be glad to see your comments, observations, and questions in the section below.