As Instagram climbs to the 800 million active monthly user mark, the social media super platform is becoming prime real estate for business and brands. Over 48% of Instagram is used by brands a number that is supposed to rise to 70% by the end of 2017. The reason for this growth? Social Media Marketing Works!
The business world is forever changing, as technology continues to innovate and upgrade, business need to stay adaptive in order to survive. With the spread of information becoming more and more instantaneous through social media, it’s a no brainer why so many businesses are jumping on the social media bandwagon.
Did you know?
- 68% of Instagram users are Females.
- 80% of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
- 77.6 million Instagram users are from US.
- Instagram is used by 31% of American women and 24% of men.
- 20% of all Internet users are on Instagram.
- 28% of internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram and 4% of internet users between the ages of 30 and 49 use Instagram
- 16% of female internet users use Instagram and 10% of male internet users use Instagram
- 17% of teens say Instagram is the most important social media site (up from 12% in 2012)
Data analytics are a powerful tool. They allow you to get a base line reading for your entire following without the need to gather the information yourself! With so many tools out there understanding the demographics of your followers is simple! With Instagram alone you can find out gender, age, country, and their most active time on your page! All of this information is vital to grow your business efficiently & effectively. Understanding the demographics of your users allows for content designed specifically targeted to users & assists in creating high ROI marketing campaigns.
How do I Brand My Business?
Creating a brand drive social media profile is easy! Here are some tips to help get you started:
- First a professional bio. It should contain a short blurb about your business, let the user know what to expect from your page and a CTA pointing to the website link.
- Utilize your logo everywhere! Brand your profile and pictures with your logo. The best way to do this is to get a transparent background of your logo so it can easily be placed on top of photos.
- Create a hashtag. Ex. #underarmour, #yrcharisma, #supreme, #apexpack, #Gucci. The great part about this is you get user generated content that will increases engagement.
- Collaborate with others in your niche. If your new to the game this a great way to get exposure, doing collaborations allows you to tap into their follower base and gain vouches from the account owner giving your business more credibility and exposure.
- Try to be responsive. Responding to messages and comments may seem like a hassle but think of them as reviews and questions from potential customers. The more upfront and helpful you are the better the chances are of them becoming a valued customer.
Do your business a favor, start getting more follows, likes, leads and sales by branding your social media!