Interested in starting an Instagram store but don’t know where or how to start? This guide will show you all you need to know to successfully set up an Instagram shop in 2021. Read on!
130 million Instagram accounts tap on a shopping post to learn more about products every month. If you’re ready to start your Instagram store, you’ve come to the right place.
With over 500 million daily active users (50% of which are actively following at least one business) your business has a massive opportunity to turn the community into cash-flowing revenue.
Instagram already has a well-established complete e-commerce section on the Explore Page. Instagram has already become a social commerce platform. Are you ready to set up an Instagram shop and put your products in the faces of millions of people?
Setting up an Instagram Shop is essential for your business. Especially, if you already have an established Instagram presence. Instagram Stores unlock a variety of business opportunities. For example, product tagging in Instagram Feed Posts and Stories. Allowing you to maximize your product exposure. Start Your Instagram Shop Today! This will make buying from your store much easier and faster.
Table of Contents
- How to Set Up an Instagram Shop
- Here’s how to tag products on Instagram
- How to promote your Instagram Shop
Image Source: Mobile Marketing Magazine
How to Set Up an Instagram Shop
Since Facebook’s Acquisition of Instagram, the majority of business tools & assets are run on Facebook Business Manager. In order to set up an Instagram shop, you will need to integrate your business with Facebook. Are you thinking to yourself, “Now why is that?
Instagram gets your information on Facebook to set up your shop.
Follow the step-by-step Instagram shop guide below to have a clear understanding of how to start an Instagram store.
1. Check Your Eligibility
To be eligible for an Instagram shop, your business has to meet Instagram merchant agreement and commerce policies. Your business should have a website with an active domain that represents your business, hosting suitable and quality products. Instagram only promotes positive products for the community.
2. Convert to a Business Account
Before setting up an Instagram shop, you will have to convert your Instagram account to a business account. A business account gives you access to new features, additional Instagram insights, advertising, & so much more!
3. Connect to a Facebook page
To complete your Instagram business profile, you will have to link your Facebook page.
Don’t have a Facebook page yet? No problem. You can create it at this point. Facebook pages are easy to set up in a matter of minutes.
- The first thing you need to do is open your Facebook app and click on the create page button.
- Pick your business category from the option and input your business name.
- Set your profile and cover picture that best describes your business. Some of the images you can use are; your business logo, flier, a picture of your store or product.
Simple right? That’s all you need to create a Facebook page. Once this is done, you can then link it to your Instagram shop by following the steps below:
- On your Instagram business profile, select the “edit profile” button. This will lead you to ”public business information,” where you can choose “page.”
- Then you will be able to link a Facebook page to your profile.
4. Upload your product catalog
In order to start any type of Instagram store, you will always need a Facebook product catalog first. The catalog is where you will list all your products and their descriptions.
You can create and link your product catalog to your Instagram business account in two ways:
– Facebook Catalog Manager:
A product catalog can be linked to your Instagram business account through the Facebook business manager. You can use either direct CSV File Upload or do an automatic pull from online sources like Google Sheets.
– E-commerce Platform Partners:
You can connect your product catalog through e-commerce platform partners such as Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, etc.
You might be wondering how to connect your Instagram shop to Shopify? It is super easy! Just below you will understand exactly how it works.
- Log Into Backend of Shopify Store
- Link Shopify with Facebook Business Manager
- Activate Instagram Shopping Channel in Shopify
- Select Your Desired Product Catalog
Have you ever thought about how to create product variants in Instagram shops? We see posts carrying variant catalogs to see different colors, sizes, and varieties of a product.
You will do the final authorization in your Facebook app.
5. Account review
After linking the product catalog to your Instagram, the next thing is to submit your account for review. The steps below will guide you on how to submit your account for review:
- Click on the menu icon on your Instagram business profile. This is where you will select “settings” and sign up for shopping.
- Once you sign up, you will see where to submit your account for review.
- You have to be patient and check your status from time to time. This is because it takes time for Instagram to review your account.
6.Turn On Shopping
The last thing to do after your account is approved is to turn on shopping. You can do this by simply clicking the “shopping” right inside the “setting” section.
Your Instagram shop will appear automatically on your Instagram profile after completing the steps above.
How to tag products on Instagram?
Shoppable Instagram posts allow you to tag products in your account feed and stories. Once you tag a product in a post, you will see a small shopping bag icon in the lower-left corner.
The price and the product’s description will appear when a potential customer clicks on the tag. Users can then click “shop now” to purchase and view more information about the product.
With the use of the Instagram shop, Instagram users can purchase your products without leaving the app.
How to promote your Instagram Shop?
Promoting your Instagram shop is very easy, but at the same time, you have to be creative in doing so. Creating engaging content on your page will help you build your followers and earn their trust.
Engaging content is not always focused on your product pictures. Try uploading pictures that capture a “day in your life,” jokes, quotes, or even videos to engage your audience.
Having known that e-commerce is taking the driving seat in the world today, it becomes imperative for you to prepare yourself ahead. It is impossible to underestimate the impact the Instagram shop can have on your business. You stand a better opportunity to grow faster, given the millions of users that use Instagram daily.
Now is the time you can maximize your online presence and followers to grow your business beyond reasonable doubts. Simply follow the tips on how to set up an Instagram shop that we’ve discussed.
Enjoy This Article? You May Also Like:
- How to Build a Strong Presence on Instagram and Other Social Media Platforms?
- Ultimate Guide To Loop Instagram Giveaways
- Top 10 Best Tips for Creating Engaging Instagram Giveaways
- Instagram Story Links: The Ultimate Guide
- How to Create Instagram Story GIFS for Your Brand