Is your engagement on Instagram Stories low, do struggle with getting your Instagram Story viewers to engage with your content? If you answered, yes, to either then keep reading we’re about to give you some extremely helpful tips to increase engagement on Instagram Stories.
Social media marketing is all about the engagement that you have from your audience. As much as your Instagram Story views & reach are important, it’s even more essential to have Instagram Story Viewers take action & engage.
Although Snapchat first used stories, the introduction of Instagram Stories certainly changed the way users interact on social media. Today, there are hundreds of millions of people using and viewing stories on Instagram every day.
It begs the question: what’s there to like about Instagram stories? Indeed, there are reasons to like Instagram stories and many things to like. Some of these are:
- More spontaneity: Instagram feed posts are usually well-curated and very stylized, but with stories, people get more spontaneous and casual, giving a personal feel.
- More visibility: stories are placed at a very noticeable spot above the news feed and close to the user’s profile picture. It also has a colorful circle, and all of these make it very noticeable and easy to interact with.
- More content: stories allow you to post a lot of content to your customers without overwhelming them or spamming their news feeds.
- More features: Instagram stories are much more engaging than the feed, and it has numerous cool features that users don’t get on their feed.
Instagram stories are very much different from Instagram feed posts. While few people might find this confusing, they are still inspired to engage your content, which is very important for businesses and brands on social media. However, with stories, you don’t like, comment, or share them. The interaction on Instagram stories is different from the regular Instagram post feed.
Instagram audiences interact in different ways to stories than with other social media networks. What’s important to get enough engagement is to understand how the audience engages with content that is posted on stories and offers them the motivation and opportunity to engage your stories.
Top 3 Tactics to Boost Engagement on Your Instagram Stories
1. Use stickers
Stickers are usually very fun to use on Instagram, and they help your stories to appear more interactive. When it comes to boosting engagement on your stories, there are mainly two major types of stickers:
While it’s easy for you to use your stories to get your audience to ask you questions, there are more unique benefits that you stand to gain when you use the question sticker. If someone asks a question and you repost the question, the person also receives a notification that you have answered their question. They get to view your story automatically again.
So, you can tell your audience to ask you questions about a topic and subject, what they like or expect to see from you, and their biggest challenges. Don’t forget to use the question stickers, though!
Almost everybody loves a poll. According to the study of one of the top assignment writers, you can use the poll sticker on your Instagram stories to get your audiences’ preferences so that it will guide the choices and decisions you make in your business or get general feedback.
The poll sticker is a cool feature as it gives you easier access to all the people partaking in your poll. This allows you to send direct messages to them within 24 hours after the poll’s conclusion so you can further the conversation.
There are other sticker options on stories that could help boost your audience engagement. Location stickers, for instance, can help you become visible in searches from a particular region. You can also get your stories to more people by adding hashtags to them. These stickers add more interactive flair and attention-grabbing to your sticker to boost your performance.
2. Use CTAs
You sometimes have to tell people those things that you want or need them to do. This is the same with engagement on Instagram stories. You can use relevant prompts to increase your storytime and retain viewership. Here are some examples of how:
- Tap for more: ask a question, then include “Tap for more” afterward. Then the next tiles can show you giving more information.
- Hold to read: add long texts to your stories and prompt your viewers to “hold to read” the whole text.
- Get ready to: this prompt creates expectation and excitement and can also set the tone for the next thing coming. This will prepare them to either turn on their sound, take screenshots of the following slides, etc.
3. Create Shareable Instagram Story Content
One sure-fire way to increase the engagement on your Instagram Story is to create content that is shareable. When we say “shareable” it means that the stories contain things that the viewers might need to screenshot. Some examples of this are:
- Fill in the blank: this type of Instagram story is amusing, and you can use them for entertainment and get more insight into your audience (like a survey). This will allow you to know how to go about creating your content, products, and services. Be sure to brand the tiles for your fill in the blank stories, and ask the viewers to tag you when they post it on their stories or send it directly to you through DM so you can get your answers.
- Wallpapers: this helps you to give your audience something that adds some value to them with ease. The wallpapers can be simple images or quotes. Some people post weekly wallpaper on their Instagram stories. This is an opportunity to show your personality, creativity, and also reinforce your brand values.
- Stories contests: you can easily increase engagement on social media by gamification of an experience. This tactic works excellently with Instagram stories. With stories contest, you can create a giveaway with a repost prompt and screenshot and give viewers a prize to fill your survey. You can also ask the entrants to send through DM, use a hashtag, or tag you to their story.
Instagram stories allow you to remain in touch with your followers and stay in their feeds without having to post on your profile. You’ll notice that you can grow your account better by being active on Instagram stories.
Hopefully, with the tactics discussed in this article, the engagement in your stories can rapidly increase, so you can think of better ways to use this option.
Enjoy this Article? You May Also Like:
- How to Add Links to Your Instagram Stories: Ultimate Guide
- Instagram Story Ads: How to Use Them for Your Business & Brand?
- How to Create Viral Instagram Story GIFs for Your Brand?
- The Ultimate Guide to Drastically Increasing Instagram Story Views Overnight!
- Using Instagram Story Polls to Conduct Audience Research
Emma Coffinet is keen on capturing the attention of a target audience, she is writing for blogs, dissertation writing services, and professional writing service, creating content for social media and magazines. She keeps herself well-read with the changing trends of the web world. Emma loves to pen down her knowledge in an engaging and simplified way. She also enjoys leading, motivating, and being part of a productive team; equally comfortable working on her own initiative.