Hey there, are you finding it difficult to recover a disabled or deleted Instagram account? If yes, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll take you through the steps to recover a disabled and deleted Instagram. But before that, we’ll take a look at some of the reasons your Instagram might have been disabled. So, you won’t make the same mistakes again.
There are many reasons your Instagram account can be disabled/deleted. In most cases, you’ve probably violated Instagram’s terms of service or community guidelines. In order to reactivate you’re disabled/deleted Instagram account, you can reactivate your account manually, password reset, recover with SMS, or by Contacting Instagram Support.
If you’re currently shadowbanned on Instagram, check out our How to Remove Instagram Shadowban Guide or if you need to Remove Instagram Action Block. Lastly, if you are suffering from the Instagram Login Error our Instagram Login Error Solved Guide will help you with that too!
It’s worth noting that for starters, Instagram remains one of the most famous social media platforms globally. It’s currently one of the leading social platforms for Influencer & digital marketing.
Instagram is becoming increasingly popular because brands are now using it to convey their content to a broad audience.
Businesses are now using the platform for marketing and Instagram is getting firm with their conditions/policies. In the same vein, when you violate any of the terms or policies on Instagram, your account is more likely to be disabled or deleted.
Sadly, Instagram never informs users why their account is deleted or disabled. This makes it difficult to understand why it happens.
If you’re an influencer or marketer on Instagram, you’ll typically have great responses from all around the world- no matter the kind of products you’re using for marketing.
If you have massive and loyal followers, then you can also earn money by becoming an influencer. However, when your account is disabled, all your activities on Instagram will be put on hold.
Fortunately, it’s not too hard to recover your Instagram account in most cases.
It’s now time to take a deep dive into the subjects of recovering a disabled Instagram account.
WHY DOES INSTAGRAM DISABLE ACCOUNTS?
There’s no denying the fact that Instagram has strict terms and policies. If you don’t read these terms and policies, then you might do certain things that’ll make Instagram disable your account.
Instagram doesn’t directly disable accounts. Instead, they strike on your post that violates their terms and removes it.
If you repeat the same mistake consistently, then they’ll disable your account. When posting content on Instagram, you cannot show R-rated content to your followers. Given that the platform is pure and goal-oriented, they don’t accommodate such content.
When your account is disabled, it’ll be logged out automatically, and you’ll be asked to log in again. After logging in, you’ll be notified that your Instagram account is disabled because you violated Instagram’s terms and conditions.
If you send an R-rated content to anyone on Instagram, there’s a high chance that your account will be disabled. Any graphic violence, hate speech, illegal activity, or R-rated content could increase the chances of having your accounts disabled.
HOW TO REACTIVATE YOUR DISABLED INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Tried accessing your Instagram account only to see a pop up notifying you that you’re disabled?
That’s not the end of the world, and it’s possible to recover your Instagram account.
Here are some ways to recover a deleted Instagram account and put things in order:
1. REACTIVATE YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
This is one of the ways to recover a disabled Instagram account. To reactivate your Instagram account:
- Open your Instagram Application: if you must reactivate an account that has been disabled temporarily, then you need to log onto your account again. Even though this might look like a simple step, it’s more complicated than it seems because Instagram is quite strict about reactivating accounts. Always remember that whenever you deactivate your Instagram account temporarily, Instagram would only deactivate it for a week.
- Input your username and password: if these details can successfully restore your disabled accounts, that means your account is active again. On the contrary, if this step doesn’t work successfully, then you’ll need to reset your password.
2. RESET YOUR INSTAGRAM PASSWORD
If you try recovering your Instagram account and it’s not successful, you can try to reset your Instagram password.
This strategy works perfectly for those who don’t remember their Instagram password again. It’s a great way to change the password to something you can’t easily forget.
Security experts advise that you shouldn’t use the same password in more than one account (social networks, online bank, mail, etc.)- though, a lot of people find it difficult to follow the advice. They prefer to have a single password for all their online accounts.
Here are some few steps you can follow:
- Click on the forgot password link located under the login button
- Insert the email you used to create the Instagram account. Afterward, you’ll receive an email with steps to follow for password resetting.
Once you’re able to log in successfully, you can easily change your password by navigating to the access settings from the user profile. Click on the three links situated in the upper right position of the screen. Afterward, you can then change the password.
Let’s assume that you forgot your username and email, here’s another option that you can use to recover an Instagram account.
3. RECOVER INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WITH SMS
If you have the most recent update of the Instagram app then this method is for you! You might want to ask: Is it possible to recover my Instagram account without email or Facebook? If yes, how?
Well, the answer is straightforward.
Simply insert your phone number in the password recovery screen. Afterward, you’ll receive an SMS that contains a link for password recovery. But then, it’s essential to insert an easily accessible phone number.
Also, note that this method works best on the Instagram app and not from a PC.
HOW TO AVOID INSTAGRAM DISABLING/DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
It’s good to know that the probability of recovering your account depends solely on the gravity of your violation.
1. AVOID BREAKING COMMUNITY RULES
If you’re trying to avoid having your Instagram account banned it’s best you follow the community guidelines to the dot. One of the biggest reasons accounts get shut down is for botting or inappropriate content.
Below are some conditions that violate the community rules:
Photographic content: you’ll not be allowed to publish partially nude, illegal, sexually suggestive, unpleasant or discriminatory photos
Insults and threats: you shouldn’t use the comments section of the photos to insult, intimidate, harass or threaten another user
Illegal use: you shouldn’t use Instagram’s service for unauthorized or illicit purposes that violates the community rules on Instagram
Delicate information: no users should publish confidential or private information on Instagram. Example of sensitive details are non-public email addresses, national identity numbers, telephones or credit cards
Copyright: Your account stands the chance of been deleted if you continuously infringe the intellectual property rights of other users
Identity theft and transfer of accounts: you’re not allowed to sell or transfer your Instagram account, username, or followers to another person. Additionally, Instagram forbids the creation of accounts for someone else
Usernames: you must not use web URLs or domain names without the prior written consent of Instagram.
2. AVOID VIOLATING INSTAGRAM’S TERMS OF SERVICE
If you don’t want your Instagram account to be deactivated, then you need to comply with the following terms of service:
- You need to be above 13 years
- Never transfer or sell your Instagram account to another person
- You must not access Instagram API
- Be respectful with other members
- Never use Instagram for illegal purposes
- You must not transfer any destructive code or virus
- Never share your password with anyone
- You must be accountable for all actions on your account
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CAN’T RECOVER YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT AFTER THE STEPS ABOVE?
After attempting all the methods above and you’re still unable to recover your Instagram account, it’s best to contact Instagram Support directly.
How to Contact Instagram Support
1. Open Instagram Facebook Page:
the Instagram Facebook page is the best place to go to if you want to send a direct message. You can click here to get started.
2. Access Instagram’s Help Center from the internet:
here, you can find instructions, report broken features, and report accounts that violate Instagram’s rules.
3. Tap on the “something’s not working” option from your account:
If you’re finding it hard to login to your Instagram account, click on the “I can’t log in” option to get more account recovery instructions.
You can imagine that Instagram receives a lot of messages and complaints from users. If you want to get a response, here are some things to consider when writing the message:
- Add your username in the message (but don’t include your password)
- Include a screenshot in the message. That way, the support team can easily understand the problem
- Be specific and go straight to the point. Instead of saying “I can’t log in,” it’ll be more beneficial to clearly state the problem you have and the measures you’ve tried before
- Don’t sound upset. If you send an impartial and clear message, you’re more likely to get a response.
That’s it for now.
In this article, we talked about several ways to recover Instagram accounts. We’re hopeful that this article has cleared all your worries about recovering a disabled Instagram account.
Until next time.
Please do reach out to us if you have any kind of doubt or questions.
Enjoy this article? You might also like:
- Remove Instagram Action Blocks
- Fix Instagram Login Error
- Remove Instagram Shadowban
- Instagram Explore Page Algorithm Unlocked
- How to Drastically Increase Instagram Story Views?